Print Thread
Rate Thread
DIY Question-Quad Shield RG6 & Permaseal Connector
#93186 05/04/05 07:09 PM
Samson Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
After stripping the cable to expose the conductor, and a portion of the shield-covered dielectric, do I fold the two layers of braid and one foil layer back over the cable sheath before pushing the connector on, leaving a single foil layer over the exposed dielectric? Can I just strip the 2 braid layers and one foil layer off completely? Or should I "flare" the 2 braid and 1 foil layer instead of folding it back? Should the dielectric even be covered in any foil or shield before pushing on the connector?

I'm only finding instructions for Permaseal F-type connectors, no instructions for the BNC and RCA connectors I'm using.

Thanks.

Re: DIY Question-Quad Shield RG6 & Permaseal Connector
#93187 05/05/05 04:41 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Are you using a Canare RCA or something else? Instead of me rambling on, I think a picture might work better.

Anyway, if your using a Canare or a Belden your cable should look like this prior to "Snapping" on the RCA:

The braid will fold back when the RCA goes on but it will be pushed down or forward again when you put the coupler on.

Some RCA's however are a little different like the Eichman, Kimber etc but without knowing what it is your all using, this is the best I can do.
I would also treat the end with ProGold or something close to it prior to making your final connection.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044