Print Thread
Rate Thread
If you like your surrounds...
#97014 06/01/05 12:19 AM
hashts Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Then get Appleseed! Its a Japanese Anime and has the BEST visuals Ive seen on DVD PERIOD! The quality of the movie will have your jaw on the floor for the entire movie. They really paid attention to detail and I definitely think it looks BETTER than Final Fantasy. The quality is up there with the LotR Extended Trilogy...in fact Appleseed is probably my top reference DVD.

The sound (DTS) is AMAZING and I don't believe I have heard a movie make as much use as the surrounds as Appleseed. I can't say enough good things about this movie. You can also download the trailer from Apple here.

I know we have a lot of surround fans here so rent it, borrow it, or buy it. I'll admit the story is good (might not be other people's cup of tea) but from a technical perspective this movie is in a league of its own.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

Hash

Re: If you like your surrounds...
#97015 06/01/05 01:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Looks good, I'll check it out.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
Re: If you like your surrounds...
#97016 06/01/05 02:51 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I agree, the animation is top notch. My surround set-up is not the greatest, so I did not notice the sound too much. I've only watched it in the DD 5.1 dubbed English. I'll give it a try in Japanese DTS. Now, mind you, I always watch foreign films in thier native language, but animation is the exception. I just like to get caught up in the visuals the first time around.

I remember getting a couple of "Appleseed" comic books as a kid. Kinda lost on the story, but I really dug the look of the art.

Unfortunately, animated movies in the U.S. seem only aimed at kids. It's a shame because there are so many possibilities to tell great stories, as well as visually striking stories. The trend is slowly shifting thanks to Pixar for finding the right balance between adult and kid entertainment, as well as recent imports like "Spirited Away" and "Princess Mononoke" (I hope I spelled that right).

Oops, longer than I intended. Sorry bout the rant.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters