Doubts....Denon 3802 ..6.1...
#9927 04/11/03 10:54 AM
J
JohnC Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
J
(I posted this on another forum as well - but seeing it's driving me crazy the faster I get an answer the better..hope you don't mind)

my couch lies against the wall - therefore the surrounds will sit on the wall approx 4 feet up - now - I connected the centre channel to the multizone left channel considering it as REAR - but my dilemma is where to connect the left and right speakers... Surround A or Surround B? I connected them to B as per Denon manual (which shows A's to the side and B's at the back corners) - but now I'm worried I might not be getting the correct signals for the surrounds to work decnetly in 6.1 and instead should have connected them to A so that they are getting the signal meant for side speakers even though they are on the wall...

hope I managed to get my point across....

thanks for any input...

J.

Re: Doubts....Denon 3802 ..6.1...
#9928 04/11/03 06:04 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In the on-screen menu, you can specify which speaker gets which signal. The different setup for A/B in that manual is simply a suggestion so that you can switch between A and B for different sorts of media. For example, DVD-Audio expects a speaker in the back corners for the surround and regular Dolby Digital and DTS movie tracks are recorded with the speakers to the side as an expectation. So long as you have the speakers connected to the B connections and the B speakers turned on in the menu, you're kosher.

For the sake of everyone else, here's a picture of the rear deck:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/photos/AVR%203803%20Back.jpg

Here's how I would do it on my first pass (which isn't necessarily better than yours)

Front-R - Connected to Front-R
Front-L - Connected to Front-L
Center - Connected to Center
Surround R - Connected to Surround-R A
Surround L - Connected to Surround-L A

In the menu, I'd turn on only these speakers and leave the others off.

As to the rears, that depends on whether or not you're running a 7.1 or 6.1 setup.

If running a 6.1 setup, I'd connect the rear speaker to Rear Surround R. Then go into the menu and set the speakers as single back speaker and turn off the left rear channel.

If running a 7.1 setup, plug in both speakers, set the menu to 7.1 and be happy.

Re: Doubts....Denon 3802 ..6.1...
#9929 04/13/03 11:26 AM
J
JohnC Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
J
thanks..that's what I ended up doing but connected the center rear in the multizone as per denon specs...6.1 setup

btw...qs8's rock...and if these are factory outlet (blemishes?... how do you see them..with a microscope? :-) ) I can't imagine what the retail one's are like...
but please do keep it up...might be getting a couple more soon.... :-)..

Ciao...

J.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020