Thread Like Summary
MMM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Power Handling when removing binding post connecto #445672 06/08/2022 7:33 PM
by Kodiak
Kodiak
Simple Question after reading the other thread about Mojo's lab calculations on the power handling of the ALFR seperate channels.....

If I remove the binding post connector's on my M60ti dual binding posts how do I calculate the power handling?

The specs are rated at 250 watts RMS / 1000 watts dynamic, well at least the v4's are, maybe the m60ti is different, i couldn't really find anything solid that lists the old specs.

Does the spec change if the woofers are seperated from the mid and tweeter? I'm thinking yes as we all know the woofers take the majority of power to drive the low frequency.

This is more of a thought experiment really as I don't have amps to try anythinh with. In fact i've got 3 pairs of speakers sitting here and not one amplifier or intergrated or reciever to play anything right now. My m2's look really sweet. I like the black oak. It's better than i expected it to be.
Liked Replies
Re: Power Handling when removing binding post connecto #445750 Jun 14th a 10:47 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
Originally Posted by Slava_Ukraini
The new Active LFR are getting powered by two 5 channel ADA1500 and I can not personally that I am hearing the night and day improvement from regular listening volumes. The Active can get louder than my old ones. I have set my Pre to limit the volume to -15db. Working on the concept that sound volume doubles every 10db, I know full well that I could if I wanted to get the speakers to be 8 times louder than what I have it limited to and maybe it is at those levels that the 1500 would shine well about the 1000 that I had, and my experience is contained in just not listening to music loud enough.
Congrats on the actives ... I have the same configuration not because I thought I'd need 1500s but because Axiom had a deal on that package I could not pass up. There is no way I'd ever use even 1/2 that power ... even for a party unless perhaps if I was to setup outside for listeners 25-100' down the road ....

Of course there is the self fulfilling use case ... if you enjoyed them at 1/2 volume and lost your hearing ... you might need to go a little louder the next time smile
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 674 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup