Jack
I've read both threads you are speaking of, and I have to agree that "that guy" is out and out calling Axiom liars. I actually did post earlier in the thread (I,m Seamus over there), but didnt read it again until last night when it was already closed, otherwise I would have posted the answer given at Audioholics (another thread witch I followed closely)
I think with what Ian has stated and with the statements from the thread at Audioholics, you should be able to put together a very factual rebutle to the derogatory comments made over at AVS.
I really dont think your going to change the guys tune, but at least some of the other people reading will consider what you have to say.
I rarely post over there because it seems like the same guys jump in and start calling everyone idiots for not agreeing with their opinions.
In short, I pick my battles well, and some of those guys just arent worth the time or energy.
After spending an hour reading on AVS, I always come back here to where the sensible people hang.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.