I see I still have not made my point.

Curtis you seem to think this guy proved his point, to whit, there is a discrepancy between the graph and the specs. However, I have never disputed that point, and it's not that to which I object, nor for which I demand proof. Absent the FACTS of WHY that discrepancy exists, stating, WITHOUT PROOF, that Axiom "lies," "publishes false information," and "can't read their own graphs," is unconscionable. It is THAT to which I object, and of which I demand proof. And, Grandarf CANNOT, and DID NOT, PROVE those implications.

I'm not the least bit interested in convincing Grandarf of anything. I'm interested in the inexperienced newbie who has come to AVS for some information. His head is swimming with all these acronyms and terms that make no sense, dB, Hz, SPL, ohms, wire gauge, digital coax, digital optical, phase, crossover, slope, and on and on. He's been researching for weeks, he's confused by all the options, and he's finally reached the point where all he wants is for someone to say "here is the 'best' speaker!" How may threads do you see over there where it's "Speaker A, B & C: WHICH IS THE BEST"?

This is the guy I'm worried about. This is the guy who very well may buy into whatever the loudest voice says. And if we sit back and, without challenge, let the loudest voice make unsubstantiated pejorative statements, then we are abandoning the newbie to the malicious, and irresponsible among us.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton