I recently upgraded my office system with a pair of Onkyo M282 2 channel amps for a 5.1 channel system (4 x M22 type Michaura M55 speakers, Dahlquist 15" subwoofer). I use an Axiom made Merak MC6H center channel speaker with 2x6.5" drivers and a great big horn tweeter. A few months ago, on a whim, I picked up a Radio Shack Super Tweeter which is connected to the center channel's speaker posts along with the speaker cable between the center speaker and the receiver.

The ~12 gauge speaker wire I was using was too thick to leave room for the super tweeter's connection. I got some cheap thin speaker wire from RS and lost much of the slam and depth that I previously enjoyed. I know those who know better will laugh at this, but the difference was quite noticeable to me.

I just received a single strand of Mapleshade's Clearview Golden Helix speaker wire (their cheapest wire). I've been playing music in the background all day. Tonight I watched NYPD Blue. I enjoy the energy of that show's bumper music. Last week it sounded dull and disappointing due ot the lousy RS speaker wire. Tonight it was wonderful. Alive, energized, full, fast and enjoyable.

I've been working late and listening to the space music channel on my digital cable service (Soundscapes). There is an enormous improvement over the cheap RS speaker wire and even over the thick undistinguished stuff I was using before.

I'd elaborate except I'd rather not hear the guffaws from chesseroo, etc., about how there can't be a difference and how I'm either kidding you all, or just myself. I'll just say that the highs are better, the mids are better and the lows are better, as are anything in between. Air, clarity, sweetness, more realistic and pleasant sound reproduction.

Looking forward to trying some DVD Audio discs, regular CDs, and some movie DVDs.

If anyone hasn't tried Mapleshade's weird, wonderful and modestly priced speaker wire, do yourself a favor and consider trying it out!

I do not have any interest in Mapleshade or any other audio venture, producer, marketer, publisher, etc. I'm an audio consumer, a junky for modestly priced stuff which I hope will far outperform its pricetag, you know, like Axiom's speakers.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.