Larry, I have an Outlaw 990 with 7700 amp. The 990 allows for "bypassing" any processing so it's an easy side by side test just pure direct through put from either the Denon or Squeezebox. I generally use it just in "stereo" mode which allows me to tweak the bass and treble to where I like it. But side by side, straight through...... coax, optical, or analog ......the SB with FLAC ripped with EAC from a good drive...(Plextor 760A).....there is no difference. In fact I think there is even more detail to be found from the FLAC file off of a well engineered CD. For what ever reason. Maybe it's the error checking, maybe the Denons transport / laser / DAC isn't as good as what I end up with ripped off of my computer....I don't know.

Bottom line, if you like the idea of storing all of your audio in a safe redundant way. You can't do any better than the SB and FLAC. And it's SOOOOOOO much better than having a huge CD rack taking up space in the room. Not to mention the convenience factor. Pick up a remote, push a button or two and your done.