I kind of have the same problem, it sounds like placement more than anything. I have the same SVS as you and I have a real problems with nulls. My problem is that when you are standing up in front of the couch the bass sounds good, but then when you sit down the volume of the bass cuts in half. I swear it is louder outside the house than in the "sweet spot". I have tried 3 different spots and only one worked pretty good, unfortunately now that the furniture is re-arranged I am screwed again. I guess i can jack up the couch a couple of feet with cinderblocks and tell the wifey that it is a new style or just chunk a stick of dinamite in there and be done with it once and for all. I am moving the system to another room someday, hopefully it will sound better in there. I have been waiting on a the funds for a new TV but looks like I will be waiting awhile. Has anyone heard any news about that newfangled digital amplifier Axiom was supposed to be coming out with the beginning of this year? I waited patiently through January, but we are into Feb. and still no word. Maybe the whole project went tits up.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's