Ok, I just watched the movie Serenity and let me restate that for movies my system is great. In fact I really can't imagine it sounding any better. The bass has huge impact and I can't tell at all that it is coming from the sub.

If movies were my main interest I would be completely satified, but music is my thing. I will try the sub crawl and all the other steps involved in getting the best bass but I gotta believe that what I am looking for just doesn't exist.

In some ways I wish I could go back 10 years to my college system. I had an old Pioneer pro logic receiver with 15" Cerwin Vega mains and used a graphic equalizer with a smiley face configuration. I usually listened in pro logic with the bass boost on and the bass and treble knobs turned all the way up (can you believe this?). To me it sounded great and the bass abolutely kicked my ass without a sub. My system sounded great to me until the day (about 6 years ago) I brought home some Grado headphones after doing some research online.

The problem is that I can never go back to that. Now that I have heard what good sound is like that kind of set up would sound horrible in the mids (or complete lack therof) and the highs. What I wish for is the bass of then combined with the rest from now and I know there is no way that can work.....