firstly, many thanks: sirquack, ratpack & Ajax. much appreciate the great input and links.

I'll try to answer the few Q's u all had, comment on your remarks, and update where I am at in my purchase hunting process.

--- firstly budget: 2000 to 2500USD tops, that all I think I can squeeze out with WA hehe so

--- I do like to crank up the tunez now and then, I must admit sirquack .

--- sirquack I assume u were not that happy with the ep350? but love the ep500?

--- as far as equipment, not much now but in when back in the good 'ol US of A , I will probably have satti tv w/ tivo like system .... the works so will use the yammy for all connects that I can.

--- ratpack that SVS PC 20-39+ has made my short list of subs. it borders at being above budget price. I guess thats why so far the HSU VTF-3 mk2 is still topping my list.

--- sorry about the differences in room size, I do not know for sure so there is nothing I can do about it. My theory with picking a sub has been to get one that will perform well in the larger space and thus just be able to turn it down if in a smaller space? please correct me If I'm wrong.

--- again personally, I want more accurate bass guitar and bass drum reproduction than i do or care about the lowest rumbles or bangs that shake windows.

--- Big thanks also for your reccomndations Ajax. can I ask how or what the difference and/or sound gain would be in the larger room to have the m60 or m80's vice the m22ti's? althought the room would be twice as long the listening distance would still be 12 to 13 feet. sorry if this sounds lame, but i can't learn if I do not ask

--- would it make sence to position the QS8's [ on stands] behind instead of beside listening position? as it appears that they .... ummm... spread the sound very well.

--- DVD player, I want it to play EVERYthing, files from my pc and such, dvd of the diff types. divx I see some do. Do any play *.avi's? again sorry if it sounds stupid to ya I don't feel comfortable spending more than say 250USD on one, as the new sh!t that is on the horizon is something I will want to put more $$$ into. .... looking at getting that OPPO or the panny S97S... thoughts on those picks?

--- one question/concern I have with the axioms I have read more than once that the mains [m22ti/m60] are on the "bright" and "forward" side on the high end. is this true ? and if so would it remain an issue is used with the HSU VTF-3 MK2 sub? I personally like a ... um ... laid back , mellow top end. [ have had inner ear damage and loss in left ear and TOO high pitch/sounds cause it to vibrate in my ear.] I know that may sound stupid and hard to wrap ones head around but I've had to live with it for many years and it sucks.

--- about mains i wonder if the performace diff between the m22ti and the m60 is worth double the price per pair? after all if I were to spend twice as much as the m22ti cost, I could just get 2 pairs on them[m22ti's] for rears as well and have a 7.1 setup. ughh,,, grrrr this is all so frustating to me at times with my limited knowledge, what with being overseas "auditioning" any setup is out of the question for many reasons, return shipment is not cheap in the least. its just not an option, so all I have to go on is what I read. ok done b!tchin'

--- I am getting excited about having a new setup and where I am at present ,,hehe [ could change after reading another review] ,,is,this is what I am leaning toward getting lemme know what u all think TIA to all

vtf-3 mk2
m22ti
vp150
qs8

lastly I see a lot of mention of m60 and m80 but near nothing on m50 , just wondering why.

no preview or edit so you'll just have to deal with my typOz hehe