again, thanks ALL that have replied

--- KC23 u touched on what I was just gonna ask, if the rx-v2500 [ at 130watts per channel] were enough to properly drive the floorstanders[m60s or m80s]. As I don't want it[power] to be "just enough", but enough power to get the best response from the speaker drivers. So I think u have helped me make to move up to the m60ti towers

--- back to the sub which is still my biggest question mark. the HSU vtf-3 mk2 i can get from their site at 752USD out the door, and with the extra expense of the m60's vice the m22's. not sure I can swing the cost of the ep500 as its a good 400USD more than the HSU sub. I find it sort of odd that i haven't seen any "shootouts" or similar regarding the ep500 and the HSU ? its alwasy the HSU vs the SVS. actually I don't know that its fair to even compare subs of that large a cost difference. but that what I would really like to see. I've not seen a bad word about the HSU I have the most interest in[vtf-3 mk2], and can't really find much in reviewing the ep500 in a vs, or by itself even. I have seen the ep600 but thats a diff creature hehe not to mention price . and if i were to consider the ep500, I'd have to look at the Hsu VTF-3 HO and the SVS PB12-Ultra that are subs in a compareable price bracket. GRRR its a tough row to hoe, all these choices to make with limited knowledge, except for the input from good folks such as those that have helped me out here. I TRULY do VERY MUCH appreciate any and all input. thanks guys for all the wonderful input and patience with a "n00b", such as me.

--- a bit more sub, sorry
I see some mention the space size and the larger ep500 doing better in it than the smaller ep350. so is it safe to assume that its better to get a bigger sub "even if" one has a smaller listening space? simply adjusting down the volume of the sub to blend with the mains.

--- now, crossover, the yammy rx-v2500 to the best of my knowledge only uses ONE across the board, unfortunatly. is that a problem if I get the m60's with the rest of what I am thinking of getting? and would 100 vice 80 take some of the work load off the yammy and put more on the sub amp? and is that a good thing?

--- again all, sorry if my questions and statements sound lame, afterall I am just a n00b , but hungry for knowledge and wanting to get the best "bang for my buck". TIA Peace & God Bless America AND Canada as well