In reply to:

Those Tannoys are really nice (from Stefanko?)

Nope, used.
I did look at getting new units from there, but the cost was silly. There was also no guarantee of getting what i wanted since the Definition line was cancelled several months before i was going to purchase. Stock was low.

In reply to:

Concentric tweeters!

Yes, an interesting design idea which i think works quite well. The dispersion of sound is very smooth, broad.
In reply to:

I notice the acoustically isolating carpet under the speaker

If that's what you call it. I just didn't have any feet for the speakers and didn't want to do any scratching of either surface, speaker or floor.
In reply to:

Alan did say that the power handling of the European speakers were not up to the Axioms. I think I had confirmed from the manufacturer's ratings that this was true.

Not sure where this came up or in what context. The Tannoys handle alot more power than my Axioms. They can present a heavier load, but if i recall, the smaller models, D500 and D300 were both 8ohm, around 90-91dB/W/m sensitivity (but anechoic or not, i don't know). I've never had my Onkyo receiver shut down while driving the Tannoys at reasonable volumes.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."