2x6spds, please, no one is out to get anyone. I highly doubt Alan was trying to offend you. Give people the benefit of the doubt when they are saying something that they mean not to offend anyone. If there is one difference between this forum and the AVS forum, it's that there is a general aura of courtesy with the members. On AVS, people think people are accusing them, then they accuse the people back, then things are said that no one wishes they said, and so on and so forth.

Many people, including myself, can overuse the word "musical." Alan was offering his opinions about the term and saying the general conception of the word should mean something else. He was addressing everyone, the audio community, to how the term "musical" is used and how Alan personally thinks it should mean. Honestly, it sounded like the 2nd half of his post could have been included in the "Newsletters" he posts on the Axiom website. In one he talks about how speakers are defined, those couple of sentences could easily fit in that specific Newsletter.

Also, everyone has different ears, of someone thinks the M3's sound better than the M2's with a sub, or visa versa, great. That is their opinion. Everyone has different experiences.

Anyways, back to the topic. Let's not make this thread true to its name, "Bookshelf hell"

2x6spds, I also was wondering what axiom would do with an "M32" speaker, a mix of the M3 and M2 speaker, with a 5.25" and a 6.5" driver. I had a post about it somewhere a while ago, no idea where though.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2