As a musician, I tend to equate the term "musical" with "life like" in terms of performance. If we recorded a song, I expect a "musical" speaker to reproduce the sound that was produced during the performance. The term is open to interpretation.

What I find interesting is the opinions that a bookshelf can not compete with a floor standing model. Even Doug Schneider mentioned to me that the M22 sounds much like the M60 and M80 albeit with much less output and bass. I have not had the time to compare frequency curves (likely impossible for me) but I would have to think that when Axiom designed their bookshelves, they created the accuracy of the larger floor standers with less output and bass. Is this not the case? Are the Axiom bookshelves an inferior speaker? I have a hard time believing that.

Has anyone actually performed a "double blind" listening test using M22s and an EP500 versus an M60 or M80? If the claim of the accuracy of the subwoofers is true then it should be able to handle and reproduce the low frequncies produced by the 6.5" drivers used by the floor standers (or perhaps even better) unless the EP500 is also a sub-standard speaker (no pun intended) only useful for home theater and not music.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....