I’ll consider the light panels. I guese I’m just more comfortable working with wood/MDF and like the idea of painting black boarders and trimming it out with hardwood.

My throw distance will be right at 12’.

This was posted at AVS. It appears the 900 au will perform the vertical stretch.

“My HD950 arrived! I had a short time over the weekend with it and here are a few quick comments.

I watched the latest Harry Potter movie which is 2.35. I thought the picture was noticably sharper over HDMI and for my AE900 the 720p setting was the best. 1080i looked a bit softer to me. It also appeared brighter using HDMI over component. I didn't see any artifacts as Mark mentioned and the black levels looked good to me. Maybe the pj helped out in that regard.

Now the good part. The "Screen Fit" setting does the vertical stretch over HDMI in 720p. It does the stretch over component in 480i. Now this is weird - 480p over component didn't fill the 16x9 screen width. I don't know why but it looked like a 4x3 image of a letterboxed scope image centered in the 16x9 screen. I don't know if it was a pj sync thing or it didn't like the way I changed modes on it. It did do the stretch though with "Screen Fit" though. Strange...

So in the end it looks like the EZ-View "Screen Fit" stretches the image vertically to fill the panel in just about any mode. Now all I need is an anamorphic lens!

Mark,
The upconvert settings are under Menu=>Display Setup. When you choose HDMI as the output the next line lets you select the upconvert (720p or 1080i). See page 64-65 of the manual.”