Ok, another thing you guys need to consider in order to be a good candidate for a constant height setup, is that your DISTANCE to WIDTH (16:9) image, has to be at least 1.3 or greater to give you decent performance. Once you start getting 1.3 or below, you will start to introduce the pin cusion effect and barroling. By my calculations both of you should be better than my results, and I love my results.

http://prismasonic.com/english/compatibility.shtml

First, lets look at Mr. Drew:

He said his back wall was 12ft wide, and he wants to allow 2ft on each side for speakers and whatever. So that gives him 8ft(96") for the screen width of his 2.35 screen.

41" x 96" would be his 2.35 screen size.
41" x 73" would be his 16:9 native image from the projector.

Lets see if he is a candidate for a Prismasonic Lens. (note: I think Panamorph follows the same guidelines?)

1. Calculate or measure the throw distance (D) and the screen width (W). (note:use the width of the non-stretched 16:9 image for calculation)

D=12ft (144") and W=71.2"

2. Count the ratio between the distance (D) and the image width (W) Ratio = D/W

(Again, the ratio is defined from the original, unstretched image)

so we have 144" / 71.2" = 2.02 ratio

3. Long throw optics gives best result, see the picture below.

So you can see that Mr. Drew, having a 2.02 reading is well into the Green area, which should give good results.

Lets look at Bruce now:

His screen results are as follows....

35.75" x 84" would be his 2.35 screen size.
35.75" x 63.6" would be his 16:9 native image from the projector.

Lets see if he is a candidate for a Prismasonic Lens. (note: I think Panamorph follows the same guidelines?)

1. Calculate or measure the throw distance (D) and the screen width (W). (note:use the width of the non-stretched 16:9 image for calculation)

D=14ft (168") and W=63.6"

2. Count the ratio between the distance (D) and the image width (W) Ratio = D/W

(Again, the ratio is defined from the original, unstretched image)

so we have 168" / 63.6" = 2.64 ratio

3. Long throw optics gives best result, see the picture below.

So you can see that Brucey Boy, having a 2.64 reading, will also most likely have great results.

The longer the throw distance the better. Having a bigger screen is also nice if your room will accomodate one.

Hope this all makes sense.

ps: Just to let you two know, my Z2 is a little over 13ft back from my screen which is:

51" x 120" 2.35 screen size
51" x 90.7" for a 16:9 image

So my ratio is 1.78, a little below both of you and mine works great. I love my HUGE screen.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85