Just want to make sure your doing this right, ok if your wall is 12ft wide and you want to leave 2ft on each side, that leave 96" for the screen.

So your 2.35 screen will be 96" wide and 40.8" tall (96/2.35). So when you say you penciled in the screen, I assume your saying you drew a 2.35 screen?

Your native projected image will be more like 40.8" x 72.6wide (40.8 x 1.78).

The best thing to do is try to place the projector where you think it will be, and fire up an image on your wall, just to make sure things look right, at least in 16:9 mode, maybe you've already done this....

I think the S97S is a great DVD player, I assume your going to feed the projector via HDMI connection? If your projector will allow you to stretch the image over HDMI you should be good to go. On my Z2, it would only let me stretch the Component signal, not over HDMI.

I bought my S97S back in mid 2005 and it isn't even broken in yet. hmmmm maybe we should talk......since I took the HTPC route. If I had the Z4 I would keep the S97S, great picture and sound in my opinion.

The only two brands I'm aware of that make Horizontal designs are:

http://prismasonic.com/english/

and I believe www.panamorph.com just came out with a Horizontal stretch design, they used to be all vertical.

I got my Prismasonic H600M back on AVS when they had a power buy, I think I payed around $700 or so bucks...not cheap.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85