Both the Harmony remotes, and the Home Theater Master remotes from Universal Remote Control have loyal and ardent supporters so I suspect either would be an excellent choice.

I, however, am firmly in the Home Theater Master camp MX-700 and MX-850). I did try a Harmony and much preferred the HTMs. I loved the fact that the MX-700 and MX-850 are programmable on my computer without having to go online. But, that is just my personal preference and opinion which may not reflect yours. If you opt to get an HTM remote, be sure to buy from an authorized dealer so you can get the upgradeable software (not all HTM remotes are computer programmable. The ones from the MX-700, on up, are). Don't buy from Ebay or any other unauthorized vendor.

You can check for a local authorized dealer here.

Authorized Online Vendors

Abt Electronics
Email: websales@abtelectronics.com

B+H Photo Video
Email: jeff@bhphotovideo.com

Best Buy

Blue Do
Email: info@bluedo.com

Coolbuys Canada

Hi Fi Sound Connection
Email: chris@hifisoundconnection.com

Huppin's/OneCall
Email: onecall@onecall.com

Pro Remotes
Email: damondg@proremotes.com

SmartHome.com

Surf Audio Video
Email: sales@surfremotecontrol.com

Tweeter

I've almost always found the best prices at Surfremote, or Bluedo. YMMV. Regardless of which brand you choose, when you've made up your mind, be sure to email discounts@surfremotecontrol.com asking if they offer a discount on the particular model(s) in which you are interested. They are not allowed to advertise the discounted prices on the web site, and you could save some dough. You've nothing to lose by asking. The worst that could happen is they say "sorry, no discount on that particular model."