LOL!!!

When I saw the title of the thread, I figured I was in for some abuse. Like Jack, I have evolved to an MX-700 and MX-850. The 850 also has RF capability (get the more expensive RF component - more dependable).

Tom mentioned how powerful the MXs are. I set up a device on my MX called "SWICH". It consists of (one button) macros that switch everything (tv, VID, audio, on, off - whatever) from where you are to where you want to be without additional human intervention. (I'm sorry, I said "you". What I REALLY meant was my wife!! )

Example, watching satellite and want to watch a DVD instead. "SA>DV" button turns off the satellite tuner, switches the TV to the DVD VID, switches the receiver to the DVD audio, turns on the DVD and opens the tray. You, excuse me - my wife, only needs to put the DVD in the tray and hit "Play". Never did I need to leave the computer room and go down two flights of steps to do all the switching during the whole process.

Cheap at 10x the price.

MX-850 is no brainer. The only downside is that I can't find any discrete codes for "wife". The two I am REALLY interested in are volume control and off.

Last edited by Ray3; 03/23/07 09:02 PM.