Where I work we usually will install a MX-900 and MRF basestation for a clients system, they are easy to program and work quite well, However my biggest complaint is that they are not rechargeable like the logitech units are. And they will run the batteries down even if you dont use it because the screen stays on all the time. Ive been using the MX800 i think it is... came with our B&K reciever, and its pretty good. However the RF capability would make life easier for people who dont understand you have to point the remote at the gear vs the projection screen

That said, If you get the MRF basestation you can hide all your gear away, and yes the IR emitter eyes are my second biggest complaint because they usually do fall off over time.

Of course if you wanted to spend the big bucks you could get something like an AMX or Crestron control system. A little overkill for a simple HT system though

Oh yeah, I hate the tx-1000. Yeah its cool and i would love to have one (for free) but its akward to use. You need two hands.

Last edited by Haoleb; 03/24/07 05:07 AM.