Originally Posted By: adrrad
Hello everybody! I think I am one of the newest members of the forum and for 2 days now I am the owner of a 2nd hand pair of Axiom CT-60, the ghost speakers of Axiom. So, to explain why I used that term. I couldn’t find any review or tech specs on internet. I asked you guys for help. Here I was told that should be a good pair of speakers. Iceman knew the model and told me that they had non-removable grills (strange feeling to not see what’s inside isn’t it?). I grabbed the phone and dialed the toll free number of Axiom’s expert line. They never heard of them, but I was told that I should get an email containing all details and specs. Never happened. Despite the awful pictures on the site and the lack of info, but convinced by your advices, I decided to go on site and hear them. I was impressed and got them for $75. I am planning to get the the CTS-100 sub to add a little bit more bass to the speakers, but not very sure, yet. On Axiom’s site anew one is $426. The gentleman was asking $200 at the beginning and finally he agreed for $150. Do you think a 125W 8’ sub will do a good job? Is the price OK? Thanks!

Adrian

If they are vintage Axiom speakers, Ian would certainly know about it. He would have built them.
It is possible the Axiom folk in the know were not around to return the info. Give it time or try them again. If they are real Axiom speakers, they should tell you.
I can say that i do not recall any CT speakers being the better, award winning vintage Axiom offerings though. I ran into some of the AX series (used) awhile back but even those versions were not the award winning style. It does take some digging.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."