Holy Samolies ZG, those Michauras are beautiful.

I used the M66s as surround speakers for a while, but I have to tell you that application is a total waste of talent. The M66s are a perfect match with SET tube amp.

Both the M55s and the M66s are easy to match with a sub and the effect is a WALL OF MUSIC which extends far beyond the speakers, far above them and even far behind them.

I used both in solid state HT systems (the M55s are great surround speakers) but where they really shine is in a good 2.1 channel stereo music system. I can speak from experience when I say that these speakers are a perfect match for the Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT integrated tube amp (5wpc in triode mode)

The M66s are rare! You made a great score when you snagged them. I've been looking for a second pair for a long time for a friend.

BTW, Luxman made some terrific equipment ... including some excellent tube amplifiers. All I can say is hold on to those Michauras, they punch WAY above their price.

I've heard some really fancy tube set ups with component prices in the $15,000-$25,000 range (amp plus speakers), and I can tell you without hesitation that the M66s + the ASL amp, and a fast Velodyne subwoofer sound better, not just as good, but clearly better. I've also used a Klipsch LF10 sub, a Vance Dickerson Titanic 12", Velodyne CHT10, and they all match easily with the M66s or M55s. For stereo service, I like to keep the M55s or M66s low and tilted upward. BTW, the M55s are also super in a 2 channel SET system.

G'luck and enjoy the music!!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.