Hey 2x6spds!

Thanks for the response! I forgot to point out that one of the M66s has some damage to the silver (aluminum) part of one of the woofers - you can see it in the photos. I can't hear any distortion from it, so I haven't bothered to try to replace it. From what I can tell it is the same as the ones that Axiom still uses, so if I ever hear something harsh from it I'll call Axiom about buying a replacement.

For the super small price I snagged them for, I will be holding on to them for a good long time, that's for sure. I'd rather just put them in storage before selling them. Such great sound for such a cheap price. I hope to own a house some day, so the goal would be to have a nice sounding stereo in many many rooms. I'll get use out of all of my speakers, I'm sure - and then some!

Good to know about tipping the M66s and M55s up. I'll try that.

I use my Axiom M60s with a great 50 year old Scott 222C tube amp. Can't tell you how wonderful sounding they are! Since the Michaura's are such a close match - yes, different sounding but still excellent - I don't doubt they would really sing with tubes as well. I'll give them a try some day.

Enjoy the great sounds!

Zoë

The more you love music, the more you love music.