Hey 2x6spds!

I actually saw photos of your Michauras on Audio Asylum when I was trying to decide to grab the ones I ended up getting. I paid $170 plus shipping for both pairs, which is a total steal in my opinion, given the sound right out of the gate - even with their UBid history. I'm not a tweaker like you, but sounds like you've really made them sing!

I've got the M55s on an office system hooked to an extra Luxman L210 amp (I also use this sleeper amp on my main system). I was really blown away by the sound considering the size and price. I haven't heard any other Axioms but by M60s, but I did audition many bookshelf speakers a couple of years ago when I was in search of a smaller pair. Nothing had the kind of clarity I wanted in a small box - except these, but they lacked bass. The M55s have that same B&W driver clarity, but are warmer on the low end. If I had more space in the office I'd put a powered subwoofer on them and I'm sure they would blow my mind!

I plan on using the M66s in a home theatre set-up some day. I'll keep the Axiom M60s as my mains and maybe use the Michaura M66s as surrounds. We'll see, I might swap them into the office instead.

Oh, and I took some pictures of all my M60s when I got them, and then added the Michauras. I got the Michauras a week after the M60s in High Gloss Cherry. They are all an exact match! Amazing luck there!

Enjoy!

Zoë

The more you love music, the more you love music.