The Yamaha only has 2 HDMI inputs while my tv has three so I thought I might be able to connect it to have 4 total and audio going through the receiver. I suppose if I need more HDMI inputs for the receiver in the future I'll have to get a switch. Right now I can only see needing 2. One for a Bluray player and one for my dvd player.

This upgrade is all the fault of my decision to get a pair of Shure SE310s during a deployment. Those little things are amazing. Something like 110db signal to noise. I don't know how deep they go but I've noticed deep bass lines in songs that I didn't know were even there before.

I guess I should get the middle sized sub so I can trade some of the power that I don't really need for longer extension. I don't remember the exact dimensions of my living room but I'd put it somewhere between 1500 and 2000cuft. I think this really should be an impressive setup.

Does anyone have any suggestions or info on speaker break in? I read somewhere that someone's new SVS didn't sound very good at first but after a week or two it became much more musical and the extension lengthened a bit.

M22 VP100 QS8 RX-V665 DMP-BD55 SMS-1 LFM-1+ LG47SL90

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.