Hulkster? thanks, but not so much any more, have lost alot of muscle mass over the last 15 years, which is what prompted me(that and my 2 sons) to get back into shape a few years ago but being 40+ now, Father time is making it much more difficult to recover from hard work outs, that and the fact I only get about 5 hrs of sleep a night doesn't help either.

I would recommend to both of you to continue the weights and use lighter weights but much higher reps(20ish) to keep the upper body in tune with the lower as most cardio focuses on the legs. The higher reps and lighter weights will pretty much eliminate any bulking up. It is true heavy weights lower reps does cause you to bulk up, but you want to gain muscle as it burns more calories than fat does, which makes it easier to stay leaner.

I usually hit the weights 2-3 times week and 15-30 min of cardio AFTER the weights and on the non weight days do 30-60 min of cardio. I haven't done much of any of this since I passed out at work and gave myself a concussion from the face plant into the concrete in January and had a bad cough for a month or 2 leading up to the loss of consciousness. I was then diagnosed with pneumonia at the hospital while they stitched up my head(only 4 stitches I was very lucky).

I did my first 2 miles in about 6 months yesterday and ended up coughing for the rest of the day. I will try again tomorrow.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70