Originally Posted By: pmbuko
 Quote:
unfortunately the Rock from the 60/70/80 was recorded so poor that there is no way I could enjoy them in a very accurate system

Would you like a hot toddy with your blanket statement? ;\) That's an unfair assessment of many quality titles available in those eras, especially the 70s and 80s. Sure, a lot of material was recorded and/or mastered poorly, but there are many gems to be found. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits are only a couple examples.

Buddy I have more the 2000 CDs inm y collection, Sorry but I know what I'm talking about, I'm not a newbie in music OK? Also have some experience working in some amateur recordings at my younger age, for every good recording of that time, I could pick up 20 bad or more...
Pink Floyd and Dire straits are mong the best, no doubt, but just listen Grand Funk, intruments placed only in one channel, or early Alice Cooper, or the Born again from Black Sabbath, or, BBA live, and BBA studio,even early Metallica, Dream Theater, recordings completelly lifeless, dead!!!!.....well I could make a huge list if you like...of the 2000 CDs I have here, I could qualify as very good, maybe 100-200 of them...that is 10%, is that a good rate???

For sure we have trully Gems, considering the tehcnology available at that time, but we have also, very very sloppy recordings as well...

Last edited by Sovkiller; 04/29/08 05:06 PM.

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!