So how does this work then? PMs of addresses to whomever you want samplers from?

I started with a ton of Maritime bands of all flavors but couldn't narrow it down as there are so many bands building momentum here now. So I opted instead for a collection of Maritime 'style' music. Everything from Celtic Rock to traditional Celtic, folk, maritime originals, Arcadian and of course some of the best fiddlers in the world today, both traditional and well, the not so traditional. Think you don't like fiddle music? You may not have heard it played like this. If you hear very unusual but hauntingly musical language, that would be Gaelic. Oh yes, I should also warn you there may be the occasional burst of bagpipes, but they are ROCKIN bagpipes.

I think you will find the energy in many of these songs so addictive, you will hunt down the real CDs, thus I can keep to my story of this being an underground promotion of Maritime Music. I tried to keep to versions with above average sound quality, where I could.

If your Canadian, you might have heard some of it as a couple of the artists are semi-mainstream, at least in Eastern Canada, but I felt they best portrayed the trends for our Southern friends who may not be exposed to this kind of music much, if at all.

I could do a 'mainstream' new artist compilation as well from the Maritime s but I'd have to go buy a few CDs. Of course that's not entirely a bad thing either.

Last edited by Murph; 06/02/08 12:52 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.