Thanks for the info guys! I quickly disabled scaling from the receiver and didn't notice any difference in picture quality. I only compared a few different HD channels and will do more comparisons later. Wheelz, glad you are enjoying the 3808 as I can't wait to actually experience Axiom speakers with this kind of technology. The wife is actually very curious as to what this thing really does for $1,200. I appreciate the simple explanations you guys provide to approach this beast, as all the technical terms mentioned in the manual are like reading chinese to me. Processing/scaling, Dolby Cinema, DTS, Pro Logic are all new to me so a great deal of education is in line.

Another area that is gray is the audio cable requirements of the receiver. I originally thought that HDMI cables were the one cable wonder set up for video and audio. I have found that some users actually reccomend using coaxial cables from the TV to the receiver to allow all forms of audio to be processed and the full capacity of the Denon is utalized. What are your thoughts on this matter? I already have quality coaxial cables from my previous set up so no additional cost would be acquired. Thanks so much for your input.

Demetrios

Demetrios