It was not my goal to turn people off, merely to find answers, by posting here on the board I have learned that high current appears to be the trigger for the unit going into protect. I haven't given up on the xpa 2 yet and plan to contact emotiva early next week. No one on the emotiva lounge has responded to my query suggesting it seems to be an unusual problem with regard to the xpa2, and could in fact be a fluke.

Alan states that a number of amps, not just emotiva, have not paired well with the m80s so it is also an Axiom issue to understand just what type of amp works well with the m80s. The xpa2 is supposed to be "completely stable into 4 ohms" and with the power rating it is hard to understand what the problem could be. Perhaps it is coincidental or something unique to my setup, time may bring answers or not, I will let you all know what happens.

With a 30 day risk free trial I think it was worth it to check out the amp and it is quite an amazing piece of electronics, I'm still hoping the issue can be resolved. Hopefully Lonnie will extend the trial period if necessary as he did for Randy to give me a chance to solve the mystery. Turbo I'm glad you spoke up as you did before, people need to know that emotiva can work well together with axioms, especially since you are running the m80s. I was tempted by the dual subs as well, the price/value equation is just amazing with emotiva!

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."