"Have you decided what type of speaker (e.g. detailed, neutral, laidback etc…) you prefer yet. I’ve notice you posting lots of questions in forums about very dissimilar sounding speakers. Figuring out what sound you like should help you narrow things down a bit."

Exactly! I want them to be detailed, neutral, and laidback. Does that cover it?

Really, I want a speaker that is detailed and very natural sounding yet I want it smooth enough to not give ear fatigue after listeningfor hours.

I attempted to listen to spekaers that last few days. At J&R Music I heard a pair of JBL's and a pair of Polk. The JBL's seemed brighter. The Polks had better bottom end but were a bit dull on top. They had other speakers in another terribly laid out room so I didn't bother listening to any more there.

I went to 6th Ave Electronics. They couldn't figure out how to play in 2 channel stereo through their digital board. No dialogue in movies. They were looking for some music but didn't give them another chance after wasting 20-30 minutes. Later that day went to another 6th Ave Electronics a few towns away. Saleman was having another customer listen to a pair of towers. Only one speaker working. He spent time trying to hook up the speaker wire. The room had about 10 High hat lights but only one bulb was working on the other side of the room. I happened to have a flashlight on me. He spotted another speaker wire laying on the floor and tried to hook that up to no avail. I lookes at another pair that I wanted to hear. Turns out there was no wire running to the speaker on that same side of the room. That's when I walked out of this place.
Times like that I actually miss The Wiz!

Also stopped at the place where I bought my first system 26 years ago. He has no display and only does custom installs.

I can't even find a place to check out any good speakers.