Although I was not in the market at the time, my friend Peter (pmbuko) picked up a pair of these "Axiom M22" things off of the internet. Now, I'd seen the ads for them online, and was extremely skeptical. He (at the time) had some of the best speakers I'd heard, the Paradigm Monitor 9s. A year or two before, when he was shopping for the Paradigms, we'd heard Magnepans. When I heard those, I was amazed--they sounded fantastic and sort of took me to another place (hate the metaphor, but there we are). The only speakers that had done that previously were Hales, and that company was well out of business.

Anyway... Peter's M22s took me to that other place again. I was shocked to hear such good sound out of bookshelves, and internet only purchase bookshelves at that!

I bought some M50s as soon as WAF and finances permitted (I was required to finish building the entertainment center before I could buy!), and again had the same experience. When I got the M80s a few years later, it was the same thing all over again, only moreso. So I'm pretty sold on Axioms.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!