Due to work commitments, I've been away from home for most of the last year. Christmas came, my wife bought me a nice new TV :), I've got time on my hands again and I've had a chance to watch some movies and spend a lot of time listening to music. And somethings been missing...

Although I probably should have realized it was the sub, I was getting some LFE during movies so it didn't initially jump into my head.

My initial thoughts were that one of the kids may have adjusted the setup (although they do know better) but everything was as I left it.

I went through my setup from the beginning again.
- sub crossover to 120Hz
- receiver crossover to 80Hz
- sub volume to 10 o'clock to start
- sub in phase
- all speakers set to small

At 10 o'clock I get nothing, and the sub won't even wake up on its own. By 2 o'clock I start to get the really big LFE effects, but even at max volume, I don't get any bass other than the LFE channel on DVD and nothing off CD.

From there, I worked back to the amp. I checked continuity on my sub cable which seems fine. I changed my sub cable out with another 75ohm cable I had on hand. I checked the sub preamp out on the receiver with my voltmeter and I do register a signal.

My next move was to bypass the receiver altogether and feed the CD player directly to the sub input. Nothing.

Is my subwoofer amp hooped?

Am I completely missing something?

Is there something else I can check?

Thanks.

M22, QS8, EP350
Yamaha HTR 5860
Sony 46W4100