Shortly after Axiom shipped the new amp, I went away on vacation (Vegas, baby!) so I've only had a chance to deal with it in the past couple of days.

I arrived back home to find a nice big box in my front hall. I unpacked the amp and was happy/surprised to find that it is the newer version from the v3

The leads to the driver attach via a blade terminal on the new amp while my older amp connected via the standard screw connectors. After a quick discussion with JC at Axiom, the easiest way to deal with this was to cut off the terminal connectors from the leads, strip some housing and solder the strands to prevent any strays from making undesired connections.

With the amp now prepared, it was an easy matter to pop off the old one, connect the new amp to the driver and secure the amp onto the back of the cabinet.

I fired up some Red Hot Chili Peppers and the amp immediately came to life with the crossover set to max and the volume set to 9 o'clock. I've still got to spend some time fine tuning the amp and receiver settings but it appears that everything is back the way it should be.

Thanks to all who provided feedback and suggestions via the forum.

Thanks to Alan and JC at Axiom for quickly getting back to me and helping to sort this out.

Norm

M22, QS8, EP350
Yamaha HTR 5860
Sony 46W4100