My two test discs that I'm moving forward with are Pirates of the Caribbean 2 for DVD and Oscar Peter Jazz Essentials for CD. The DVD has lots of LFE and a deep soundtrack and the CD features Ray Brown with a lot of bass that goes down below a deep C (~65 Hz) so I'm sure that my source material is delivering the right content.

RE Sir Quack: I unplugged over night on the off change that something may reset, but this evening the difference in performance is not statistically significant (I'd say identical, but technically I can't back that up)

RE Dr. House: I bumped the subwoofer level all the way and I get output with the sub volume as low as 12 o'clock, but at 50%, that seems awfully high for the minimum threshold. It is certainly not consistent with past performance where the level was set at three ticks vice 10. I still do not believe I am getting all I should be off the CD.

RE Peter Chenoweth: I'm satisfied that the cables and connections are correct. I hadn't considered the night mode, but confirmed that is is not enabled. As Jakewash noted, Alan Loft has mentioned patching the CD player directly to the sub input in the past for fault finding purposes.

RE Onn: I pulled the amp and the internal connections are tight

I believe that the CD I've been using is my best source materiel for experimenting with. Knowing the music, my sense is this: My sub has two issues. First, there is an issue with the sub cross over setting or other LPF which is interfering with performance. Second, the is a gain issue such that typical/normal/reasonable levels are not being produced.

I will contact Axiom tomorrow, but I'm still ready to try anything else you can come up with.

Thanks for the support

M22, QS8, EP350
Yamaha HTR 5860
Sony 46W4100