Originally Posted By: majik
haven't done the calibration test tones yet. I'll get that done today and see how that goes.

Looks like i'm going to have to pay to get the knob fixed... went to the gym today and my buddy that helped me move it says he felt something "catch" when we were laying down on the floor. just checked, and yep... there's a nick in the wooden t.v. stand right where the knob is/was.

Guess I have to call Noreen and let her know the what really happened.

I'd be real carful doing anything if the knob is stuck at full gain. I don't own one, but given the level of sub experience of those you have already heard from, finally getting a signal could damage the driver if you are not careful. Also, I would be concerned that you did more than break the knob. Assuming Axiom used a good gain attenuation device, you might have damaged the device before the knob broke. Just saying, be careful are you might be replacing more than a knob! And could be on your dime as you have publicly admitted it was due to a bad install. Ouch. Then again, for the price of an 800, I’d expect it to very hard to break a control – how hard did he hit it?

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire