Originally Posted By: onn
Feeling the sub operating has its place and listening to music is not one of those times. Watching a movie is the most likely spot I would enjoy the vibs \:\)

Feeling a bridge fall is great, but a stand-up bass can be felt. A bass guitar can be felt. A kick drum can be felt. All of these add a dramatic tactile aspect to music that is closer to live - not manufactured. Subs absolutely play a role in music. And "car bass heads" covers a wide swath of audiophiles that don't limit their musical enjoyment to their home as well as cheap systems designed to generate SPL. I'm sure most people would think putting thousands of dollars in to "boom" in a typical residential room would be more offensive than the occasional "car bass head" with his $150 sub. Cars just don't contain the bass much, no matter if you are listening to accurate bass or looking to rattle the nearest driver's mirrors. Bass-head or not, I think for the price of an ep800 no one should be confused if it is working or not. Heck, that's true of a $500 sub.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire