I'll comment on my comments. ;\)

I don't for one second mean to lesson the quality of the VP150. The whole weak link in the system comment is, as you say, only a comment from others. In thier case, I think they were driving the M80's very hard and they just wanted the 150 to be able to keep up and in thier case, it would not. I am not using thier comments to form my opinion, but rather, taking it into consideration, not as fact, but somthing to check out that's all. My ears will ultimatly be the judge. Heck, I may end up with the 150. (I do love the looks of it.) It just made sence to me that the more matched the front sound stage was, the more seamless the transitions across the screen would be and the more equal the seperation in DVD/A and SACD music. I have had smaller centers and have had larger ported centers. I have always used a sub and usually end up with the XO set between 40-80 depending on the system. "I" can tell a big difference between smaller and larger ported centers in vocals. I have never asked my center to act like a big main channel, but I do expect them to reproduce a deep male vocal or the hit of a drum tom-tom without help from the sub.

No, no. Not joining any cults. It's just that what he said made sence and from my own experience, I could hear what he was talking about. I wasn't just following him like a sheep. ;\)

No different chair heights. Most of the time it's just me in the middle. Tweeter at ear height. If I end up with the M60 as a center, it will go just below the bottom of my screen, not in front of the screen. Yes, it's kinda high, but it works and keeps heads well out range shadow head puppet theater. \:D

I sincerely appreciate your thoughs. I might have them throw in a 150 with my order so I can do an official A/B comparrison. I didn't mean to make anyone feel like they needed to defend the 150 as I am sure it can hold its own, I only wanted some thoughts from people who had a vertical center setup. I guess I am just pretty dang excited and I am just wanting to talk about it a little. Within a couple of weeks, I will know what is fact and what is fiction "in my own room." \:D

Until then, I will try to remain silent.

Last edited by Forever Newbie; 03/15/09 08:55 PM.