I also listen to many SACD and DVD-As, and I concur that a lot more comes out of the center than just vocals. I originally went with three M60s across the front and it wasn't until I went to lower the gain on the subwoofer (sounded great but was a little on the powerful side) that I noticed it had been disabled in the Rx. Had to move the speakers farther from the wall to control the bass! That was pretty cool. The tower center also obviates any sort of stand or mount under my screen, as all my gear is on the side closer to the projector.

I did upgrade to two M80s (no really logical reason - the 60s were great) but kept the M60 center [better than the Paradigm Cin 330 (which I found better than most seem to give it credit for)]. I've never noticed any off axis dispersion problems with either center channel, so that wasn't really a factor. Mostly I just wanted it.

For music the tower is fantastic, for movies it probably isn't really necessary, but certainly does a wonderful job. I'm really happy with the decision and recommend to anyone with a screen 38" off the ground and an extra $100 to give it a try.

Last edited by doormat; 03/16/09 12:20 AM. Reason: Grunt: the M80 is 2" taller, which for me was just a smidge too high.

M80s/VP160/QS8s/EP350; M22s; M3s.