Originally Posted By: Argon

SirQuack - I read all the reviews on this site - in fact, I have reread them many times. One of the reveiws comments on the 150's off axis performance - stating that just moving to one end of the couch or the other that there is a noticeable drop in performance. I would be interested in your or other's opinions in your real life situtations

Rob - I agree with Sirquack’s and chesseroo’s comments that the off axis performance of the VP150 is fine. I’ve sat fairly close 6-7 feet and never noticed any problems moving horizontally 4-5 feet off center. No changes in tone and no “lobbing” effects. The only dispersion issue I’ve noticed with horizontal centers is a sort of “wall-of-sound” effect when sitting fairly close which actually enhances the “movie theater” effect and is only a small issue with some recordings.

LucRaymond - My experience with both the M80s and M22s is the same as doormat’s. In a small to even medium room I think the M22+sub will give you 95% or more of what the M80+sub does. As the room gets bigger the M80s work progressively better.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1