Ok. I guess I thought that some how the analog outs were magically going to make my music sound 10 times better. I don't know why. I went through and calibrated the Sony, then I tried it out with a movie... the difference between the analog outs and the digital optical connect was a lot less. The analog still sounds a bit narrower, but I think that may be the reciever spreading the signal out a bit more than was originally intended. I use DTS 6.1 when I'm playing movies. So I guess I just realized that I prefer that over the original playback mode. Who knew.

I still can't wait to get a new reciever and experience the lossless tracks though. On the music side, I've been listening to just about everything in 5/7 channel out of the Denon, and I love it. It fills the entire livingroom with music. I've noticed that when I put it on stereo there seems to be a bit more bass, but honestly, there is enough bass in the 5/7 channel mode to satisfy me, and the entire experience it much more pleasing to my ears. To each his own I suppose.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD