I have the new oppo BDP-83. I play all my Blurays, cds, sacds ect on that and everythings powered by the Sherwood Newcastle R772. I dont know my buddy has a pair of 40 year old Pioneer HPM-100s that sounds amazing why cant I get my 5.1 system to sound that good. He is an an electrical engineer and audiophile. He moved away last year or I would have him set it all up for me. I remember mt brother owned that model back in 1979 but I forgot how good they sounded til he fired em up for me last summer...my jaw dropped. I dont know why I cant get that with my new system. I know mine are bookshelfs basically (m22s) but paired with that EP500 I would think I could blow away a set of 40 year olds speakers. Dont get me wrong it sounds good and clear but those HPM100s man I cant explain it. Anyone remember those things. I am probably going have to get a better front bookshelf speaker. Axioms best is what I have I dont have the room in my bedroom for M80s or any of their floostanding. If after the pro comes out and I still am not happy can anyone recommend a speaker no bigger than the M22 that is any better. My price limit is $1200

Last edited by th3at3rguy; 08/02/09 07:28 PM.