I can't wait to see what the experts do.

Here's the thing, a lot of people buy audio equipment with a certain sound in mind, and hope the equipment they buy gives off that sound. If it doesn't, they're disappointed. What they don't do is get to know the sound of the equipment they buy and give themselves time to enjoy it. Most speakers sound a bit different. If you get used to a certain pair (those Pioneer's you spoke of) and like them, that's great. But don't buy a set of Axiom's expecting them to sound like them, because they won't.

However get to know the Axioms, you may develop a fondness for them the same way you did those Pioneer's. Then again, you may not. There isn't a speaker out there that EVERYONE loves. It could be that Axiom's are not your brand. If not then after 30 days call up Axiom and say, "thanks but no thanks", that's what their guarantee is all about.

Just be sure to give them a chance to win you over. And by the way I agree, the EP500 should absolutely rock a bedroom down to it's foundations. So if it isn't, then I'm thinking something may be a-rye the same as you are thinking.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD