Quote:

2. Expectations different from how Axiom designed their subs to sound. Axiom is obsessed with reproducing exactly what is in the originally recorded material.

I'm not saying this is the case for you th3at3rguy, but I did recently run into this exact situation.

My bro-in-law was over and had some some cd's he uses in his bass heavy car system. He wanted to hear how the bass compared on my Axiom system (he has heard Nemo fishtank and other subwoofer fun scenes on my system). When we got to the bass parts on his discs there was well...bass, but not BASS! He was quite surprised. That's when I explained to him the Axiom's and my system are calibrated to reproduce the source as closely as possible and not over emphasize any frequency range.

I actually found it quite interesting how drastic the difference was. I have also heard his car system. I was expecting a difference but not that much. And just to be sure I did pop in Finding Nemo right after and verified my EP500 was still able to shake my room with no change to the settings! Good luck and keep at it - you will get this resolved.

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1