Originally Posted By: alan
Hi Gulf,

Nah, like TomTuttle says, it's BS.

Any actual mechanical break-in of the motor/cone/dome assembly takes place within seconds of your firing them up.

Of course, there is a psycho-acoustical break-in of your ear/brain hearing system since those little woofers and tweeters are pumping like crazy to mimic real sounds and instrumental sound. That's what break-in really is.

Enjoy the M22s.

Regards,
Alan

The mechanical component of break in is what has always made me leery about powering the power to new speakers. This is the first time someone has actually spoken to it. – thank you.

I would still apply some common sense to this though. The elastic material (regardless of what it happens to be) still needs to flex a bit before it is exercised at 100% I think. It’s no different that a bicycle tire. You need to inflate the tube and give it a pretty good stretch, and then deflate it before installing it in the tire or you will have a premature failure.

I would also be hesitant to fire up a new set of speakers and pour the power to them before allowing them a few hours to reach room temperature. That is for the folks who live in the colder hemisphere. Things become quite brittle when they are cold.