Originally Posted By: michael_d

Regarding my “strong adult language”. You must be joking, seriously. This forum is hardly a G rated Disney film. I think you are blowing my horrific behavior out of proportion and your parental tone is hardly justified. It’s not as if I went off on some sort of tirade slewing all sorts of names at anyone and started swearing like a logger. In fact, “prick” is pretty tame by anyone’s standards. I can rattle off many “descriptive” names, verbs, adverbs and adjectives much worse that you hear on prime time TV. But if that is how you view me, and do not wish to converse with me because of that view, then that is your prerogative. I’ve always thought you were pretty cool, but so be it if that is how you feel.

OK I tried the diplomatic approach and it failed.

You are correct, the language on this board does dip into the gutter fairly often here but 'normally', the difference here is that it's normally with the intent of humor. Yours was more of a direct attack. Of course you can argue that you were simply defending an attack on your theories, which normally I would have been curious to explore more.

Sorry I came across as parental. I hate that myself. However, my intent was to reduce the gutter dragging on an otherwise good theoretical discussion on opposing theories.

I for one will be happy to have further conversations with the old MDrew of old whom I also respected for his helpful input and conversation but your new alias seems to be a new person all together. I'll probably be misinterpreted for this too but I honestly and truly hope that life hasn't flung you around a nasty turn and I wish you all the best but perhaps this thread is best left discontinued and we start fresh on another topic.

meanwhile, I'll go back to my previous rule of staying out of flaming topics, even when I want to understand one side or the other better. It's almost never worth it.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.