Originally Posted By: Ajax
 Originally Posted By: Argon
So I take it that no one has seen the Japanese Island with caves and dog tag movie?
Edit:
The group (including myself) is stumped?
The "dog tags in the teeth" sounds VERY familiar, but I can't come up with anything on that alone.

James Whitmore was the Sergeant in Battleground and was so good he won the 1950 Oscar for best supporting actor for the role. But that movie was about the 101st Airborne at Bastogne, Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge. There wasn't a Japanese soldier in sight, and no caves. There was a lot of fox holes in the snow, however. The movie is well worth watching to see if it's the one of which you're thinking.

He was a sergeant again, Marine this time, in Battle Cry and that was set in the Pacific. I don't remember much about the battle scenes. If I remember correctly, most of the movie centered around their training and time spent in New Zealand before they went in to battle.

I couldn't find any other movie of his that might qualify as Pacific theater, Japanese held Island, and lots of caves.

Yeah....I was looking but had to go to a meeting - I think it could be Battle Cry - but like I said, I don't remember much about it and it might not have been Whitmore.

Anyway - this has been a good exercise as I love war movies. I had hoped Boys in Company C would come out on DVD - I don't think it has - let alone Blu Ray.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill