I have been having a good time today. I'm by no means any kind of expert on speakers and sound, but I definitely like my upgrade. I guess the best way to describe what I have noticed would be "consistant" everything seems to be very smoothe and easy on the ears. I wish I knew how to describe it. Last night as I watched movies I noticed there didn't seem to be any dropouts or spikes in any low or high frequencies. I could be just giving placebo affects, but I did run a few frequency sweeps yesterday and it seemed the closest to flat I have ever had in my room. I guess the fact that this speaker is so closely related to my 60's makes everything blend so well. It really makes a difference the quality of the source being played. I have the AIX calibration disk that has some high resolution audio. When I played a few of them I really could not locate the 180 and it felt like I was sitting next to the stage. The soundstage opened up all around me. Itunes on the other hand sounds ok, but I can definitely localize it. I still haven't run across a pan from one speaker across to see the difference in voices across the fronts, but my room is small and I can notice a diffence between the mains when compared to one another. Both are the same distance from a wall, but one is 1ft from a door opening. Overall I have to say I really like what I hear so far.

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center