Well I swear I'm cursed. mad

OK, so I call them up and speak to Brent. Figured I'd wait to talk to them before I hooked up anything. Nice enough to deal with but I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that I really had a new, and not a refurbed amp. Even though he said so. Actually he told me there were 2 new versions. There were a couple of answers that sort of made me go ...huh...what? OK. However I decided to go with it.

So....first things first. Wire it. The positive red banana plug breaks right off where the hole is drilled through it for bare wire. ARGH! OK....there's enough room still to tighten down the connection. But it won't tighten real good. It just sort of spins on the inside of the black casing. So does the negative black wire. I assure you that I did NOT force these in any way.

Alright then....lets mount it and give it a shot. Plug it in and give it something that should rock my world. Ready set EHHHH. NADA. WTF?! Did I screw something up? Check everything. Again. Ehhhh. Turned all the way up on music that should have my house shaking and with my ear right to it there is JUST barely an audible sound. So....second, third, and fourth check all my connections. All good to go. Bring in my EP350 and my old M&K....hook them up to the same XLR and BAM! Lots of sound. All is good. Plug in the EP600 and nothing. Freaking thing sucks wind.

So....call Brent back up, and again, pleasant to deal with but he needs to get back to me in the morning. Every one is gone for the day. So we'll see what happens.

Sorry to vent here guys but this is just beyond ridiculous. I'm 99.9% positive that there isn't anything wrong with the speaker / woofer / driver itself. Axiom seems to agree. So this will be amp #4. cry

What else to do?

Any one have any experience with SVS? I'd really like to have a working system again.